Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finding the simple beauty in everyday moments


I am a type A personality. I'm a "Martha" so wanting to be a "Mary". I rush, I rush, I multi-task to the max. I recently got Mastitis because my body was worn down. I was told to be on bed rest. What is "bed rest" to a type A personality? My resting looked like a Mary's life on speed. Did I just say that? I think I did.

This blog is not about how wonderfully successful my resting has been. I have not attained the answer to my life's goal. This is me in process. I am realizing how many wonderful activities/groups I am apart of outside of my home. Worthwhile things, relational groups, time with friends, home schooling field trips, taxiing kids to and from special classes. I have also realized that even "good" things in excess can be a detriment to myself and my family. Grrrr. Not a fun realization, but important just the same.

So in my journey to find contentment in slowing down I am beginning to look around my home and capture those priceless moments often taken for granted. To reconnect with being at home. I think it's addictive to always be on the go. I know when I get still I crave to do something else. I found that even while home I am a crazy lady whirling around my house juggling children, housework and kitchen experiments. I have today with my children young, tomorrow I will blink and I will only have memories of today. I want those memories to be centered around my home, enjoying life in it's simplest form. Life at home, simple and sweet. To find the hidden treasures that are right before my eyes.



Enjoying the child-like excitement over the first juice popsicle of the season



Noticing the beauty of cherry blossoms



Experiencing and giving true love and adoration



Realizing it's a season for new life



Finding joy in watching my children appreciate home grown things



Seeing the sweetness in a child who simply needs an extra smile from me at bedtime.


I want the grandmother's wisdom while I'm still just a mother. Today as a mother, I choose to see and appreciate the simple beauty of everyday moments with my young children. Today may we seek out the hidden treasures that are right before our eyes.

I bless you in your journey of finding joy and contentment today!




No comments:

Post a Comment