Friday, April 30, 2010

Boundaries: Chpt. 1

Boundaries
by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend

I've always been passionate about learning more about healthy relationships and seeing breakthrough in ones that are struggling. I have decided to get out and reread the infamous book, Boundaries. Feel free to read it along with me. I will be posting somethings I find interesting from each chapter. It may be in the form of quotes or just my thoughts on a concept.

I'll start with two snip bits from Chapter 1. Here we go!



Chapter 1:

"People-pleasing efforts don't seem to bring the intimacy we need."


"Just as homeowners set physical property lines around their land, we need to set mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual boundaries for our lives to help us distinguish what is our responsibility and what isn't."


No comments:

Post a Comment